Thursday, July 30, 2009

Wild Kingdom... and Family Beach Trip

Our "songbirds" eating out of the bird feeder
The cutest beach baby ever!
Charlie and Pops enjoying the Gulf of Mexico
Do these two look like best buddies??!!!
Fourth of July fireworks over the Gulf
Full Moon over the Gulf of Mexico
Charlie having the time of his life!

It has been awhile since my last post. So long, that I had trouble signing in to post!
The summer is going by way too fast for me. I can't believe that it is almost August and that means it is almost incredible daughter, Jessica's, birthday!!!!! It is birthday week this week.
This summer it has been Wild Kingdom at our house. Remember I wrote about the fabulous songbird birdseed and how it would attract little songbirds. Well, it also attracts raccoons!! I guess raccoons only like pricey bird seed. I couldn't believe one night that we had a momma and baby raccoon hanging off the bird feeder. The other night just the baby showed up. The dogs are NOT too excited with our new friends. The raccoons are not at all scared of us or the dogs. Every morning I can see "raccoon tracks" in the dew on the grass in the backyard coming up from the pond to the feeder. The other night I heard the dogs barking crazily and thought the raccoons were back, but no, this time it was a huge armadillo. He was not attractive. Sitting out in the pool the other day, the roadrunner came up and ran right along the edge of the pool looking at me as if to say, "excuse me, but I have varmints to go catch in your yard." I am just waiting on the next critter to appear!
Our family beach trip was FABULOUS!!!!! Charlie had a super time and thought the sand was the best playground ever! I love my shot of the moon, so much so, that I have had an enlargement made and framed to hang in the house. I love when vacation falls during the full moon. I think I could live at the beach year round!
I called Charlie's momma yesterday and told her to alert Harvard that Charlie will need early enrollment. Charlie "accidentally" kicked the dog's water bowl and splashed out water and I said "we are going to have to wipe that up, so you don't slip" and the next thing I know Charlie had gone into the laundry room where I keep a stack of towels for doggie accidents and brought a towel into the kitchen and wiped up the spill!! I just watched in amazement! What a baby genius!
My camera is in the Nikon hospital for battery issues. I feel like part of me is missing without it. I hope that it recovers soon!!
We are going to have birthday weekend for the birthday daughter. I can't believe how old she will be!! Where do the years go???????
All next week I will be attending a Teacher Leadership workshop to fulfill my 60!! hours of teacher professional development to renew my Arkansas teacher's license. That is a whole different post about how irritating the 60 hours are to keep my license!
Have a great weekend. Enjoy each and every summer day.
Peace be with you,
Mimi

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Hey Angela,
I think I want a Nikon D40. I have asked around and people seem to agree that it's the best for the price and very user-friendly. What do you have? Doesn't Sarah have a Nikon? I would love to check out sites on photography, it's so much fun! Thanks and great to see you all a few weekends ago!