Sunday, August 30, 2009

August was a Happy Month

August 9th, 1975
34 years ago!!!!!!!
Incredible Daughter, Jessica, age 1
Incredible Daughter, Jessica, age 3
Sir Paul McCartney at the BOK Center in Tulsa
Loving the Peace Sign
Fabulous Concert!!!!!
Our anniversary present to each other!

August is a very important month in our family.....August 2nd, Incredible Daughter, Jessica, turned 29!!!!!!!!!! How can that be????? I should still be 29 and on some days when asked how old I am, will tell someone I AM 29....oh sure! It doesn't seem that long ago that Jess-Jess was terrified of thunderstorms. Not that long ago, Jess loved the Smurfs. Not that long ago, would tell me she was going to grow up and move to Boulder, Colo. and have an Old English Sheepdog named Moonbeam. Jess hasn't moved to Boulder, but does have an Old English Sheepdog whose name is Ralph. Not that long ago we watched Saved By the Bell and ate nachos every afternoon after school. Not that long ago, we had a HUGE plastic replica of a Tic-Tac box in our den that Jess had made in art class. Now, Charlie has the best Mommy any little boy could ask for and Mark has the best wife any guy could want. Sarah has the best friend in the world and Jared has a great sister-in-law. As for Pops and I, we have the most loving, caring and fabulous daughter in the world!!!!! WE LOVE YOU, JESS-JESS!!!!!!!
August 9th, Pops and I celebrated our 34th!!! wedding anniversary. How can that be??? It honestly seems just a few years ago that we met....even though I was 13 and Pops was 15 when we started dating! We were also next door (across the field) neighbors. The last 34 years have been splendid! I can truly say I married my best friend and soul mate. I love you, Gary, with all my heart and being!! You have made me happy every day of the last 34 years! Thank you for being my best buddy!
Our anniversary present to each other was concert tickets to see Sir Paul McCartney in Tulsa. What a fantastic concert he performed. All I can say, is there is nothing better than Sir Paul sitting down to a grand piano and playing Let It Be. I cried during most of this song!
On to September and football.......GO HOGS!!!!!!!!!
Peace be with you,
Mimi
Charlie called me "Mimi" for the first time not too long ago and that sweet little voice filled my heart with so much joy and my eyes with tears!!!!!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Thanks for such a lovely post about my b-day. You are the best Mom/Mimi. The pic of me when I was three looks alarmingly similar to a little wild man that I know. Love u!

Jennimac said...

This post made me cry in a happy way! I loved it! I'm glad August is such a great month for you! I think some of the best people have birthdays in this great month. =)