Monday, April 13, 2009

I Had to Take to My BED!

My FAVORITE Cowboys and Cowgirls
Pops, Mimi and our Little Birthday Cowboy
Harley hunting Easter Eggs
Charlie's hand painted Easter Pail
Another view of Charlie's Easter Pail

What a weekend we had.....I had to take a long nap Sunday afternoon!!  Cowboy Charlie's birthday was AMAZING!!!!  What a great, fun time we had for two days.  Incredible daughter, Jessica, and da-da, Mark, gave Charlie a great Cowboy birthday party.  We had so much fun!!!!  Dressing up like cowboys was entertaining.  Pops really went all out!!  Charlie's cake was fabulous.  He loved eating his smash cake.  We didn't have those for the incredible daughters back in the day.
Pops and I got Charlie a Cozy Coupe.  Watching him traveling around his backyard brought back lots of memories.  When his Mother was 16 months old that was the only item she wanted for Christmas.  He looks so much like Jess riding in the coupe.  Charlie's is the 30th anniversary edition.  
Saturday night was the Easter Vigil at our church.  The Easter Vigil is the highest mass the Catholic Church does all year.  My " bestest"  friend, Susan, joined the church at the Vigil.  I have been her sponsor and we have attended a class every Tuesday night starting back in the fall.  What a very emotional experience for the two of us.  Congratulations Susan!!!!   We all celebrated at Village Inn with "breakfast" at midnight.   Sunday morning, Pops and I were back in church for the 9:00 service with the family.  We couldn't miss Charlie's first Easter service.  What a rainy Easter Sunday!!  I know the devil had a hand in the weather.  I love our church.  The Easter decorations and the homily by our Priest was so uplifting.  I was so thankful to look down our pew and see my incredible daughters, their husbands, Jessica's in-laws and one year old precious Charlie.  I am soooooo blessed!!!!!:)
Easter lunch was great.  Charlie had an indoor egg hunt with the help of Harley.  I had bought a galvanized bucket and had it hand painted at a store here in town.  The girls each had a personalized bucket when they were young, so naturally, Charlie had to have one.   I was very pleased with how fabulous it turned out.  Charlie would drop his eggs in his pail, then have to pull it back out and look at it.    
Today when I would ask Charlie if he is a big boy and if he is one year old, he will raise up one finger and chuckle.  He is sooooo cute!!!
After all this excitement, I will give you a hint about the upcoming week for Pops and me.
Cancun....... take me away!
Peace be with you,
Mimi


1 comment:

Sarah said...

TAKE ME WITH YOU!!!! I long for the beach!! I hope you have a blast, yall deserve it!! I love you!