Monday, April 6, 2009

Big Cedar and Birthday Week

First present for Birthday Week...Buzz Lightyear
To Infinity and Beyond!!!
Champagne Brunch at Big Cedar
Mimi, Susan, Tony and Pops
Dinner at the cabin
Boyfriend, Susan, Tony, Terry and Sheri

What a big week we have this week!!!  Charlie Man's birthday week and Holy Week.  Jess doesn't know how Man's birthday just happened to fall on Good Friday this year.  What a special treat!  I love Easter.  I think it is probably my favorite Holiday.
This past weekend, Pops and I were treated like royalty by our good friends, Susan and Tony.  We spent the weekend at their cabin at Big Cedar.  What a treat!!  Susan fixed a fabulous dinner Sat. night for us and our friends, Sheri and Terry, who were at Big Cedar for a conference.  Sunday we had brunch at the Wormen House.  The food was lovely, as were the Mimosas.  We attended Palm Sunday services at Our Lady of the Lake (isn't that a great name for a Catholic Church) in Branson.  Beautiful new church, with a good gift shop that Susan and I had to investigate and support after mass.  We had a fabulous weekend!  Thanks Susan and Tony!  Pops and I also took time to do a little shopping at Branson Landing.  Fun place.  We had an afternoon "snack" at Cantina Laredo overlooking the river.  I also found a Disney Store that had "buy one get one free" on the stuffed Disney characters.  Pops couldn't believe how many Charlie "needed" for birthday week.  I couldn't make up my mind which ones were the best, so lets just say we have several for each day this week.  
Sunday night was family pizza night to begin Birthday Week.  I chose Buzz for the first gift for Birthday Week.  I think Charlie loved Buzz!  Charlie is really walking everywhere and his "talking" is really sounding like "words".  He points to everything and says "dat"?  I must name thousands of items in a days time.  
I am super jealous that incredible daughter, Sarah, got to see the ducks at the Peabody.  On my list of items to do someday.  
The weather has to improve from THIS!!  Everyone enjoy this week and remember all the blessings you have in your life.
Peace be with you,
Mimi
A BIG congratulations to Stephanie and Jimbo on their engagement!!!!!!  We can't wait for your special day.....much love to you both.



3 comments:

Jessica said...

Charlie man loves Buzz! He said to tell you thanks for his birthday week gift!

Jennimac said...

You guys look fabulous up at Big Cedar! I'm glad ya'll had fun!

Taylor said...

I have never been to big cedar but it looks great! Sounds like fun! Seems like birthday week is going well! We will see you for the grand finale... Charlie's cowboy birthday party!!