Saturday, March 28, 2009

Peace sign and random things

Peace sign on my SUV, (the Mimi Mobile)
Pretty church in Viney Grove (near Prairie Grove)

For some reason, I love a peace sign.  I think it goes back to the early 70's and all that entails.   I have several  necklaces, socks (thanks to my friend Susan) earrings and even a fabulous copper  peace sign door "wreath" that my friend, Sheri, got me for my birthday.  Actually, the one on my SUV, Sheri had to find for me in Colorado.  You would think Fayetteville being the "funky" town that it is, you would be able to find a peace sign sticker.  A summer or two ago when I was on the hunt for one, I went to all the interesting shops you would think would have had one.  Nope!  Did you know last year was the 50th birthday of the peace sign?  Who knew!  I read it somewhere, then peace sign items started popping up everywhere!  Over the past Christmas holiday, the Boyfriend and I were in Dallas shopping and the windows of Barney's at North Park were ALL peace sign memorabilia celebrating the birthday.    Their store bag was fabulous, but I couldn't find anything affordable to buy to put in one.  It felt like the 70's standing in front of their window.   I found my old silver MIA bracelet for a prisoner of war, during the Vietnam war, that I wore for several years.  I wonder if he was ever found?  I need to Google his name sometime.  
Boyfriend and I went to Table Mesa in Bentonville late this afternoon.  VERY good!  Lots of vegetarian options for me!  I have been a vegetarian for several years.  More and more restaurants seem to be offering more items.  It snowed sooooo hard on us on the drive up.  We sorta, kinda, got lost in Bentonville, ( I do every time, for some reason), but drove thru the old home area and the blooming red bud trees looked like they were sugar coated with the snow.   Worth the time of getting "lost".  Wish I'd had my camera!  I took the hottest shower my skin could handle to try and forget the weather tonight!  I hate it when it does this.  Maybe this is the last of the cold weather.
The fabulous white church is one we rode our bikes by a couple of weeks back.  It has some beautiful windows.  
Counting down the days till the Charlie Man's FIRST birthday!!! :)
Hope everyone is having a great weekend.  Pray for sun and warm weather.  
Peace be with you,
Mimi

2 comments:

Taylor said...

I love peace signs, too... I wish I had one of those stickers that you have on your car! If I ever see any other good ones i'll grab you one. I also love Table Mesa, the mango mojitos are fab. Hope you have a great weekend! See you at Charlie's first!!

Mary Margaret said...

I love peace signs too! I even have one tanned on me! If you want to go get a peace tattoo, I'm down. Maybe if you join me, then Mom won't be so mad. :)