Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Amazing Photo

Look closely for the American Flag

I was driving home the other day and was completely AMAZED that I could see this large American flag off in the distance!  All the years of driving this road, I have never seen the flag before.  This is just more evidence of the sheer destruction of that wicked ice storm we had at the end of January.  Do you  think the trees can recover???  This flag is the one that flies across the street from Fay. Athletic Club.  From this spot on the road it is about two miles, straight as the crow flies.  I am anxiously awaiting the new leaves this spring to see how much they will cover the damage on the trees.  
I hope everyone had a great St. Patrick's Day.  I saw some lady driving in her open Jeep tonight completely dressed as a green leprechaun.  It was my happy moment for the day!! :)
Charlie Man and I took a stroll today in the record breaking temperature.  Wasn't it just fabulous??  Charlie had plucked a piece of clover and waved it from his stroller.  I told him he does have a touch of Irish in his blood from his Great- Great Grandfather on my Daddy's side.  I guess I should have celebrated more!!  Charlie being so thrilled with his green clover was enough for me! :)
Hope everyone has a great rest of the week.  Only three more days till one of my favorite days of the year!!!!!!  Yes, the FIRST DAY OF SPRING!
Peace be with you,
Mimi

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Good pic of the flag!! Soon there will be leaves on all those trees! The blog is looking lovely!
Love you!

Taylor said...

I went back and read all of your posts and have been laughing. I love the one about riding around in the old truck that was a little embarrassing! I just wanted to tell you that Stella was so excited to open her gift.... She absolutely loves that Very Hungry Caterpillar!! The pop ups are amazing! It is definitely the best book we own and she made me read it four times in a row! Thank you Ange!