Saturday, March 21, 2009

Spring and One Year Anniversary

My fabulous present one year ago today! :)
Jack enjoying the spring sunshine
Pops tilling the soil
Pops planting his seeds
Charlie, my little flower blossom.


Happy Spring everyone!  The temperature today didn't feel much like spring, but the leaves popping out and the bushes and flowers that are blooming look lovely.  
     One year ago today the Easter Bunny brought me a fabulous "race car."  Boyfriend and I call it our date car.  There is nothing more fun than taking the top out of the 'vette on a warm, sunny day and driving very fast out Hwy. 45 listening to Classic Vinyl on XM.  This is our third Corvette and the BEST one yet!  Let me know when you want to go for a ride!
I also am going to be keeping everyone up to date on our organic garden that Pops is growing for the family, especially Charlie.  Pops has started several kinds of vegetables from seeds in some grow trays.  They are coming along nicely.  We are also planting several herbs.  Our friends, Terry and Sheri, have had several gardens in the past, and have gotten us interested this year.  We had a garden once when the incredible daughters were younger, but they thought it was a lot of work, so the weeds took over.  I have hopes that Charlie Man will show more interest.  We are going to try to grow all organic.  Also, we are going to try our luck at Heirloom tomatoes.  Paula Deen seems very fond of these on her show!  Pops did a fantastic job preparing the site for our garden.  
I want to thank all of you for your kind comments to my blog.  It is so much fun to keep up with everyone.   
Hope everyone has a great rest of the weekend.
Peace be with you,
Mimi

3 comments:

Meredith Woodruff said...

Happy Anniversary! I love your car! How fun:)!

Taylor said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!!!!!!!!

Leanne said...

Come pick T.T and I up at Vandergriff for a trip to Sonic!