Sunday, March 15, 2009

I Love my bike!!

Ready to ride! :)
My fabulous Specialized Dolce
My boyfriend (Pops) on his Specialized bike

Pops and I went for a short bike ride today....the weather was cool and damp, so we didn't last long.  Last weekend we went a total of 40 miles in three days.  I was a little sore and lived on Motrin the first part of the week.  We went to a local bike/accessory store today and found some great deals on biking attire.  I guess we looked the part, because some nice lady started asking MY opinion on biking clothes.  I helped her as much as I could.  Pops had to get a new backpack to carry essentials in while we are riding.  
We watched Sarah have a practice game in tennis today.  I think she is playing very well.  
Tonight, we went to Stuff-Mart to get some stuff and a man approached us, in the almost dark parking lot, to see if we had any money to give him for gas.  Pops had seen him coming and had made me get in the truck quickly, so after he asked for money, I felt bad and we gave him a few dollars.  I think we are going to be seeing more and more unfortunate people in the next few months.  The Lord says we have to help the poor.  
On my blog, I am going to try and look for super baby/children's items, mostly books, to pass along.   For those of you who don't know, I was a kindergarten teacher for 20 years.  I LOVE children's literature.  I miss the little people on a daily basis.  Charlie is feeling that void very nicely!!  One of the best books lately, is the 40th anniversary pop-up edition of Eric Carle's The Very Hungry Caterpillar.  Jess picked it up for Charlie Man for his upcoming birthday.  The butterfly is fabulous at the end!  A very good book for spring time reading!
Charlie and I will be at Baby BookWorms at the public library tomorrow.  We had a great time last week...one of our buddies from Kindermusik was there.  
Hope everyone has a happy week.  The weather is looking lovely!
                                             Peace be with you,
                                                            Mimi


4 comments:

Christie Lehren said...

Aunt Angela! I'm excited to stay in touch and read about whats goin on with you through your blog. Thr girls sucked you in eh? You did a great job setting it up!! Hope all is well

Jennimac said...

Your blog is precious. I was excited to see a new post already. Can't wait to hear more. I will review my birthday purchases with you for Charlie so as to not duplicate any books. =)

Effie said...

Love, Love, Love that you have a blog!!! Miss you!

CAMoore said...

Hey Angela! Amanda (Schwerdtfeger) Moore here! Of course I am going to send you an invite to our blog! :)

Glad to see you on here! You are high tech girl!!