Sunday, April 26, 2009

My week in a "Corona Commercial"

This view is why I felt I was in the Corona Commercial
Pops on a zip line over the Caribbean
Mimi and Pops on Dolphin Discovery boat
Great Granddaddy Iguana
Westin Resort Beach
Cigar Man
Favorite Lunch Spot
View from Hotel Rooftop Bar

It has taken me several days to adjust to being back in the real world.  Pops and I had the most incredible, relaxing vacation.  Cancun was fabulous and the weather was sunny and 85 everyday.  Back during the winter months when I would see the Corona commercials on tv, I would long for the beach and sunny weather.  Well, that is just what I had in Cancun.  
Some highlights of of the trip were Pops and I swam with dolphins.  I have had that activity on my "bucket list" of things to do for years, so we decided this was the time.  I have no pictures of how great it was, because they make you buy their pictures and I don't know how to scan photos yet, but maybe an incredible daughter will help me in the future.  Anyway, I got to kiss a dolphin, hold onto two dolphins fins and get pulled through the water and also do the "foot push".  This is where you swim out and two dolphins come up behind you and push you through the water to where you can almost stand up.  It was a very thrilling experience.  Pops also chose to do the zip line, but I stayed comfortably in my beach chair for this activity.  
We stayed at the Westin Regina Resort which is almost at the end of the island.  If you walk down the beach there is a protected cove and the sea is just like pool water there.  Very calm and beautiful!!  There are iguanas everywhere!!  Incredible daughter, Sarah, had an iguana when she was in the 5th grade and I told her I took Chili Jose's great granddaddy's picture.  
Pops and I ate at some wonderful restaurants.  One was right over the water and while we were eating people kept looking over the railing and RIGHT below us was a at least 12 foot crocodile that had swam up looking for his dinner.  I had never seen one so close.  He was "pretty" in his own way!  Riding  what we call, El Buso, one night, two young local boys got on and started "entertaining" the bus riders with their guitars and maracas "singing" Beatles songs.  They were hilarious.  Naturally, they passed the hat.  Locals were selling numerous items on the beach.  I had forgotten how you can shop from your beach chair if you so desire.  Items for sell were cigars, jewelry, puppets, hats and tablecloths.  To round out the memories from the trip, one morning Pops got up early and was out in the hallway from our room and said that he passed a totally naked man trying to get into his or someones room.  Pops said not the picture he wanted to see early in the morning.  Just Pop's luck!  We got to spend an extra night at another Westin, this one at the Dallas airport.  The ac on the plane from Cancun, wasn't working right, so we were delayed leaving and missed our flight into XNA late Sunday night.  On Monday, we were late getting home, because the door to that plane wouldn't close.  I was beginning to think we would never get home and I really needed to see my dogs and family, especially, CHARLIE!!  He was thrilled to see Mimi and Pops.  
The warm weather has made adjusting to being in the real world much easier.  Pops got all the pool furniture in place.....so let summer begin!!!!!
Peace be with you,
Mimi
Happy Birthday Week to Incredible Daughter, Sarah.  How are you sooooo old????????????

2 comments:

mark said...

Your pics look fabulous! Can't wait to sit by the pool next weekend on Auntie's b-day!!

Mary Margaret said...

I'm so jealous!!!!! That looks so nice! In the meantime, my butt is continually being flattened as a result of "computer chair-itis" and finals season. But I'm glad you had a wonderful vacation!